Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Beyond Three Strikes

Okay. The date. Drumroll please....

I've been on Match.com for about three weeks now. I'm corresponding with several guys, but only a few of them have caught my interest. Anchorman being one of them.

We're going to call him that because of his love for the movie of the same name. He seemed fun and personable from his e-mails. Master's and bachelor's degrees from a good university. Worked as a project manager for a construction company. A bit older - at 29. We decided on a hockey game then maybe downtown afterward. That would be safe and something else to talk about besides ourselves.

I opened the door at 7 o'clock and was pleasantly surprised at how cute he was. "Come on in, Anchorman!" I said.

We got in the car, chatted about work, and how he'd only been to the city one other time. Seemed like a nice guy. We got there, parked, and walked.

And looked in awe at the line of nearly 200 people waiting for tickets.

"Oh my gosh! This is ridiculous. Do we even want to go?" I asked.

Just about that time, a man turned around and said, "Do you guys want tickets?" and handed us free tickets for the game! These were $9 tickets people - for FREE!

Well. They were in the nosebleed section, but still.

I crawled into my seat (without any help from Anchorman - ahem - strike one) , got settled in, and Anchorman said: "Let's see if we can't get down closer to the front." So we moved to the front section. And no one told us to move either! Woohoo!

Conversation and the like was going well, we were winning, but somewhere during the middle of the second period, he hops up and says, "I'm going to get me some Dippin' Dots," gets up, and leaves. Doesn't ask me for anything while he's up. Okay. Strike two. Whatever.

He gets back and dives into his ice cream. Now, he's quite athletic, and talked about how he ran and cycled and trained for dualathalons all the time. Okay. That's cool. But when I asked him if he was hungry - because I was starrrrrrrrrrrrving and hoping to grab some dinner after the game - he said: "Well kinda - but I don't wanna eat too much because I'll have to work it off tomorrow. We could just go somewhere and get an appetizer."

Are you KIDDING me? You're eating ICE CREAM and you're worried that a MEAL might throw your WORKOUT REGIMEN off?! What an effing girl. Strike three. And not only that, I could see if he was worried about money by paying for a meal instead of an appetizer, but he didn't have to pay for the game!

We won, and decided upon grabbing an appeitzer. While waiting for our food, I asked him what made him decide to get his MBA.

"I don't have my MBA," he said in a very condecending manner. "I have my masters, but not my MBA."

Fine buddy. Whatever. You're past three strikes anyway.

One more complaint: he lives about two hours away. Which is far, but get what he said to me: "So why aren't you able to go out with guys from your own town? This is a pretty big city - you should be able to find people in your area to date."

I really wanted to say, "What makes you think I'm not going out with other guys, too, dumbass?" Instead, I just laughed. I'm too nice.

So the outcome?: If he calls, I'll talk to him, but I'm not going out of my way to go out with him again. He was nice, but there were some of these things that just royally upset me.

Onward and upward.

1 Comments:

At 3:13 PM, Blogger Okie said...

How can you say he was nice after some of the crap he pulled on your first date? Forget him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home