Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sixth Sense

Tonight brought phone calls from boys.

First was SummaCumeLaude. He is quickly earning points. I don't care if he's 5'11. This guy has already purchased our tickets for the rodeo, figured out what time we should get there, and asked if I would rather we meet in a public place or if I had "any reservations about" him picking me up. How nice! I think this one will be fun.

And it's a rodeo people. Too cool. We meet Saturday.

Oh. Did I mention his dad's a preacher?

His dad's a preacher.

(Hold your laughter on that one, please. It wasn't my finest.)

Ahem. Then got a missed phone call from EngineeringPilot a.k.a. big-dork-who-didn't-turn-off-the-tv-when-I-called-him-back. I think I'm writing this dude off. He actually said it was pretty late for me to be calling him at ten o'clock.

And for my finale...

Drum roll please....

I heard from Anchorman.

What the heck? I know it has only been about four days since we went out - not that I'm counting or anything - but I was expecting him to drop off the face of the earth. He just seemed the type.

Will I go out with him? I dunno. He was lookin' pretty hot and could be a good maker-outer, if nothing else. I can look past his being rude. Maybe. Perhaps he'll redeem himself. Like Jamy said: Everyone gets to make at least a second impression.

GuitarPlayer = a goner. He's probably taken by some blonde bimbo.

But I'm predicting a fun time had by all with SummaCumeLaude.

I have a weird sixth sense about these things.

2 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Blogger Jamy said...

If it matters, I wouldn't give Anchorman a second date--but there's nothing saying you shouldn't. Just let him do all the work.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Can you PLEASE take a picture of the rodeo? I'm a suburban Connecticut raised girl who lives in DC and blasts country music. I have this fantasy about me and a cowboy and... uh. Forget it.

But take a pic, please!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home