Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hello Long Lost Friends!

While I'm still not convinced that The Reporter hasn't found my blog, I'm going to blog a little about him anyway.

You know. Because you asked where I've been.

I've been leary to begin blogging again, ever since I discovered what a bitch Google could be. But writing is such a release for me -- and I just adore hearing from you all -- that I could never give it up entirely.

So screw you, Google. I'm bloggin' on.

My New Year's Eve was super. The Reporter had invited me to a party that his friends were putting on. It was considered a "faux formal" -- which meant anything from tuxes and dresses to jeans and fancy shirts. I was a bit leery of going, just because it was going to involve meeting most of his friends.

But I'm so glad that I went. Not only were his friends great, but The Reporter is the epitome of a gentleman. He showed up in a killer suit and brand new shirt and tie, looking nothing short of completely dapper. Not to mention that he remembered that I'm somewhat allergic to flowers -- so he got me chocolates instead.

With reservations for a fancy dinner, he had made all the right moves. And he just made me feel glamorous and ladylike.

And of course, we began the New Year with a kiss, at which I must say he is very good.

Wink.

This last week, however, takes the cake. I wasn't expecting to get to see much of him because not only was I coming down with a cold, but I also had lots of work and a few social engagements to tend to. But we had made plans earlier in the week to watch our boys play basketball on Wednesday, and he agreed to come on over to my house.

With a raging headache, a terrible sore throat and body aches to boot, I show up at the door in sweats and a t-shirt.

We watched a bit of the game -- which was a disaster -- and with my not feeling well, I wasn't expecting him to want to stay around.

What does he do instead?

Cuddles with me on the couch. Tucks me into bed. Brings me food the next night. Tells me I'm beautiful even when I'm sick.

A girl could get used to this.

I think he's keeping me around for a while.

And maybe I like it.

9 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Starboard Tack said...

He sounds like a keeper. Good luck!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger londongirl said...

Indeed he does sound like a keeper. Someone who comes round and is nice, even when you're ill???

very impressive stuff.

we like!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did he come from the number one site for love? I'm considering maybe getting into that once I graduate and things settle down a bit.

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is about time I got an update!!!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Congrats! I hope everything works out ok! I miss you friend!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not, do not DO NOT become one of those bloggers who monitor's their site traffic and the incoming links. It will drive you insane.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Amber said...

He sounds so great. I'm happy for you and I hope things continue along in this awesome vein...

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger West 18th Street said...

Glad to you back! Wonderful to hear things are going great.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger b.kiddo said...

blog on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home