Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Dear John

Don't call the next day for crying out loud. Especially after the first date.

SummaCumeLaude called yesterday - less than 19 hours after he dropped me off and we embraced in an awkward goodbye hug.

I sent him to voicemail because, quite frankly, I was on another date. With McDreamy. (Okay, fine! A girl can dream!) Later I listened to his message:

"Hey Saaaaaandra Deeeeeee," he said in his very Southern accent. "I had a good tiiiiiime on Saaaaturday and hope we can dooooo it agaaaaaain. I was just wuuuuuunderin' if youuuuuuu'd like to grab some luuuuuunch on Tuuuuuuesday. Let me knooooow. Byyyyye."

Poor kid. I felt sorry for the skinny minnie. But I did the best thing a sane girl in my situation could do.

Sent a Dear John letter.

"Hi SummaCumeLaude!

Thanks for the very fun evening on Saturday. I enjoyed meeting you - and the bull riding event was so cool! Unfortunately, I don't think this was a match. I hate saying that because you are such a nice guy! Best of luck with your search! Thanks again for the great evening. It was so nice to meet you!

Sandra Dee"

Ugh. I hate doing that!

3 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

It's very important. Guys love feedback, no reason to not tell him. Otherwise he'll just keep calling and calling and calling....

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Okie said...

He should appreciate your honesty. I like people to give it to me straight.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You, Sandy Dee, are brilliant. If only more women would be so polite and clear with the thumbs-up/thumbs-down decision.

Bravo!

Wombat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home