Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Three months?! Already?!

What will we be doing tomorrow to celebrate, you ask? I have no idea.

He'll probably forget.

I'm kidding, but it wouldn't surprise me. Besides, three months isn't as big of a deal as six months is, so I'm not holding my breath.

Speaking of surprises, on Friday, I surprised him by planning a date. To kick off the evening, I had gotten him a few shirts from the Gap that he likes. I couldn't wait to give them to him, and I made him close his eyes and everything. He loved them and couldn't believe that I had gotten him something for no reason.

Then we went to dinner, where I picked up the tab.

Finally it was off for his big surprise. Nacho Libre.

He's been talking about seeing this flick for weeks. Weeks, people. I practically had it down in my calendar of when it opened in the theatres. "Don't get me wrong," he said after he found out that I was taking him to see the movie, "but I was kinda upset when you said you had this surprise planned for me tonight. I really had been wanting to go see Nacho Libre." Duh. How could I forget?!

I was skeptical because the reviews weren't that great, but I love Jack Black so I kept an open mind.

Well I am here to tell you readers - never fear. It's hilarious. If you liked Napoleon Dynomite, you'll love it. And it was totally Sixty and mine's kind of movie. I found myself laughing at parts that probably weren't even supposed to be funny. It was a pretty wholesome theme, too.

A couple of drinks down the street from the theatre, some cuddling at my place afterwards, and I'd say you could call it a supurb date night.

But just spending time with him is enough. Who cares if we don't do anything special tomorrow?

14 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a good weekend! I'm sure he will reciprocate accordingly, he's good like that. FYI: Guess who will be in town in 4 days???? I don't know if you've been counting down or not but it T-5 days until El Vaq.... I can't even wait! I miss you bunches!

I can't believe you put up a picture.... that shocks me!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Aw congrats!

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Roxy Chanel McPink said...

You make an adorable couple!!! Very cute!

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you put a picture of yourself on here. I almost forgot what you looked like!

 
At 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason it wouldn't let me type my name!!! The comment above me is mine too!

See you soon!

Jayme

 
At 2:04 AM, Blogger jo said...

wow! you put up a pic. there goes being anonymous haha! but you guys look cute. and i think you should take a pic together where you guys pose like sandra dee and danny.

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...dye your hair blonde and dress up like Sandra Dee. Or wear a wig...whatever.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Brave move blog-wise, Sandy, no longer having your anonymity!

Still, he's a very fortunate dude, that Sixty.

Wombat

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable couple! You look so happy together...he is a cutie!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

So, did anything happen today?

Great date...and I love that picture too!

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! 3 monthes and going strong! I am super happy for you. Ok, so I have decided on a name for the blog that I will be starting for my travels, but I can't decide if I want to start now since I just got back from Atlanta and found out where I will be for the next year or if I want til the official beginning of my adventure. No worries, you will be one of the first to know when I decide! Love ya!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

Hope you had a happy anniversary. You do make a great couple.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Okie said...

That fucker. Want me to kick his ass?

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh nooooo! I am just an innocent lurker here, way of Oakie's blog. I vote for Oakie's comment. How sweet of him to offer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home