Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Distracted

Dear Boss Lady:

I must confess something. When I am at work, I work. I do. I get my job done and do so in a timely manner.

However, a few things are getting in the way of my working at maximum capacity at present. Please allow me to elaborate.

1. My Bloglines Account. I currently subscribe to over 80 blogs. It has been a routine to read blog entries for my first half hour at work ever since I worked at IGSHPA. (Yes, I worked with heat pumps. Please pull your jaw up off the floor.) And everyone knows I don't like change, so I can't stop now. It's part of my daily routine.

2. MySpace. I just recently latched on to this obsession. And I need therapy now because of it. I spent way too much time the other day looking at people I went to high school with that I haven't seen or talked to in 5 years. And - of course - I had to add them as my friend.

3. Facebook. Where do you think the MySpace obsession stemmed from? Duh.

4. This Damn Blog. Blogging is my release. I'm happy and healthier for it. And if a blog-worthy thought happens to come to me at work, then who am I to tell it no?

5. My E-mail. I think I checked it about 13 times already today. In fact, somedays I keep it minimized on my computer screen. It's just easier.

So, dearest Boss Lady, my apologies if you need me to complete an urgent project today. I'm waaaaay too busy reading blogs and racking up my online friend lists.

Come back tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Sandra Dee

5 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger jo said...

haha! and that's why my office blocks sites like myspace. thankfully they haven't blocked blogger and IM. they've already blocked xanga which left me in a bit of a funk for a while.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, if is makes you feel any better. I do the same. I personally don't blog, but I am obsessed with reading other ones and my email. The internet has taken us a long way, but probably overall a step back in peoples productivity at work. So don't feel too bad.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Haha! Totally been there my friend.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger NotCarrie said...

Noone checks emails/blogs as much as I do=/

But I get my work done, too!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...this makes me feel better. I thought I was the only one who did this at work... (I do get my work done though!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home