Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Gross.

Have a lunch date with Old&Rich this afternoon, and I'm out of clean bras and low rise undies, so I'm doing laundry.

How sad is it that I've been so busy that I haven't been able to do laundry and therefore I'm out of clean undergarments? Anyway...

I'll recap the lunch date with Old&Rich afterwards. (And when I say "old," I mean like 29, and when I say "rich," I mean he makes between $75,000 and $100,000 a year. Holy shit.)

Got my laundry going and moved to the computer to check my e-mail. Ooooh. A message from a new guy! Dave.

Dave's profile says he is 47, which is gross enough in itself, but his gross factor skyrocketed after I read his e-mail:

"You are sexy as hell. Would you be interested in a discreet hookup? Im serious."

Ew. With a side of ew.

::EDIT:: Okay. So here's the deal.

St. Patrick's Day was yesterday, right? I went out with a group of friends, had a great drunken time, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking: "I have this lunch date with Old&Rich."

So I take it easy on the green beer and turn in early - about 11:30 p.m.

I get up early this morning to iron my things and do some laundry. Get showed and dressed. And get a phone call and a message. I didn't answer because I didn't hear it ring.

"Hi Sandra Dee. Just calling to let you know that I'm not going to be able to make it to lunch. My friends and I went out to the bars for St. Patrick's Day last night, and I'm just now getting home. So I'm pretty beat. Maybe I could take a rain check and we could do it again? Sorry. Bye."

He's just now getting home?! At 12:30 in the afternoon?! Are you freakin' kidding me?! I bend over backwards to make sure that I'm home early last night, and you can't do me the courtesy of doing the same? And may I add that he's the one who suggested lunch today - not me.

I'd rather not even reschedule. Am I being too harsh?

9 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are overreacting.

And going home too early for a NOON date.

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, you're going home too early for 8AM WORK!

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger James said...

You're not being too harsh. Unreliability is as big a red flag as you'll find outside a Chinese flag emporeum.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger jo said...

i don't think you're being too harsh... he made the date, he should have just come home earlier in order to keep it. and if he couldn't or didn't, then he should have let you know earlier than at 12.30pm that he couldn't make the date.

 
At 12:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like Hitch said, guys only have one chance and that's it.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Jeff: Fix your link. And I'm an old lady now that I'm graduated. 11:30 is past my badtime. BTW - Blog? Meet my friend Jeff. Jeff. Blog.

Coatman: Thank you. I didn't think I was being too harsh either.

Jo: No joke. I was ready to go and everything. 1 p.m. was our set time, and he calls half an hour before that? No way. And you're right - he DID make the date. Peace out.

Anon: So forgot about that part of the movie. Good call. Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Lame. Time to trash the oldster.

Wombat

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Thank you, Wombat. The dude was too old, anyhow. In unrelated news, I miss you. You best get a-bloggin'. Hope FL is good.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Nope. If he's not respectful of your time, send him packing. Of course, I'm old and bitter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home