Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, February 20, 2006

SAVE THE GOOD ONES FOR THE REST OF US!

As I straightened my things up at my desk and got ready to head out the door from work, I remembered I needed to ask my co-worker something before I left. She and our intern were talking, so I waited for a bit until they were finished.

Our intern was talking about how she has been in a long distance relationship with a great Christian guy for two years. She was concerened because there's this other guy who's been chasing after her for a while now, but she didn't want to explore it because of her loyalities to the long distance guy.

"The problem is that they're both wonderful guys and perfect for me," she moaned. "I just can't decide what to do."

I almost threw up. I couldn't stand it. I had to say something.

"What a horrible problem," I said sarcastically, with an eyeroll for added affect.

They both laughed.

"I'm not kidding," I said. "At least you don't have to worry about going on horrible first dates with guys who walk 10 feet ahead of you, don't open your door, and don't pay for your dinner. Welcome to my life!"

"Awwww," she said. "He's out there." Like I needed to be pittied for my being single. Thaaaaanks.

What I really wanted to say to her was: "YOU DON'T GET TO HAVE BOTH! SAVE THE GOOD ONES FOR THE REST OF US!"

If we all could be lucky to just have ONE great man pining after us, let alone TWO.

Silly girl.

3 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Clint said...

Oh Kathryn, he's out there for you. Just look for a guy that is as close to me as you can possibly get and you'll be HAPPY FOREVER!!!!!

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Ladies and Gentlemen. Meet my friend Clint.

Clint. Bloggie friends. Bloggie friends. Clint.

And no - this egomaniac is taken. I know you're shocked.

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Okie said...

But I thought you really enjoyed being single. Silly girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home