Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Friday, March 03, 2006

No more limbo.

Welp, he called.

And I was in the shower. I hate when guys call me when I'm in the shower. Because when I call them back, I can't very well say, "Oh sorry. I was in the shower when you called," because we alllll know what mental image that's going to give 'em. And frankly - ahem - I don't want them thinking about that.

So anyway, I listened to his message. "Hiiiii Saaaaandra Deeeeeeee," he said in his southern Oklahoma accent. "Thiiis iiis" oh dammit, he needs a name - I'll let you guys decide. "I just wanted to say heyyy. Gimmeee a hollerrrr back. I'll taaaalk to ya laaaaaterrrr."

I just had to laugh. Now I've heard some fun accents, but this one's pretty good.

Or should I say puuurrrrrrdy good. Heh. I crack myself up.

I called him back about an hour later since I was rather preoccupied with the American Idol results. (How excited am I about Brenna getting cut?! What a drama queen. I hated her. And she just seemed so hard to get along with. Sorry. I digress, yet again. Why do I always DO that?!...)

This guy is super nice. I mean super duper nice. Shy, quiet, unassuming, modest. The kind to take home to meet your parents. I poked fun at him for his accent - he said something about having the "derrrrrnedest luuuck" - and he took it well.

The conversation was good, too. Has a younger sister. Raised Methodist. From southwestern Oklahoma. Graduated high school with 13 people. His family has a farm - grows wheat, hay, alfalfa, cotton and a few other things on their land. He works full time for the university's ag program, but is taking six hours in graduate school.

We chit-chatted back and forth, but it was getting late - about 9:30 - and at Oklahoma State, Thursday night is the night to party on campus. So I decided to let him go. I said I hoped we got to talk again soon.

And if we do talk again, I'd be puuurrrrrrdy excited.

2 Comments:

At 5:04 AM, Blogger jo said...

haha! i know what you mean bout the shower thing.

bout the guy, i'm puuuurrrdy excited for you too. how do you keep finding these christian men?

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Oh my. Don't speak too soon, Thomas. He might not be interested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home