Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Who does this?

These are the kind of people I work with.

They talk about everything and everybody and act as though they are so much better than anyone else. They talk badly about others and criticize their work. They gossip about everything under the sun and point and laugh at the misfortunate.

And yesterday they started doing it with me.

I never dreamed that my - well, on the surface anyway - nice coworkers would ever begin doing these horrible things to me, but they have. How could I piss anyone off so much that they feel the need to talk about me behind my back? And I'm not talking about high school students here. I'm talking about co-workers who are twice my age. Old enough to be past that, don't you think?

Whispering in their offices next to mine about some mistake I made. I don't mind them pointing out the mistake to me. In fact, I welcome that. But instead they've decided to be cowardly and discuss the situation with each other instead of the party that needs to know about it. Me.

And don't think it's just all in my head and its just my lack of self-confidence at work reading into things. I know they were speaking to one another about me because I walked in on them doing so. Hunkered over the computer, whispering my name, and laughing. And when I walked in, they looked at me with mouths open, like I'd splashed water in their faces.

I told them what I needed to tell them - work related - and went back to my office as fast as I could - because I thought I was going to start crying. At work. How incredibly unprofessional.

I don't have to take that. I love my job too much to let this get to me. So I'm pushing through. And somehow I thought blogging would help me do so.

I hope I don't start crying today just thinking about it.

Sigh. So thank you. Please leave me nice comments to help me feel better.

4 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Unfortunately, some people just have nothing better to do than talk about others. And in an office setting, where people are often unhappy, to make other people unhappy makes them feel better, if that makes any sense.
I hope you can let it roll off your back and not let it ruin your day every day. That's hard, I know, but I hope it for you anyway. : )

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Okie said...

This is the job you were worried about losing? Hmmmmmm.

Be the adult. Rise above. You the woman. Stay the course. Hang in there. That's all I got.

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger jo said...

sucks to have coworkers who are like that... hopefully it won't get to you so much... just do your thing and don't associate with 'em too much. feel better!

oh btw other than a similar blog template, we are also both christians :P are christian men just a rarity or something??

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going through the same thing at work, but kind of different. I haven't caught anyone talking about me, but there are a few people who basically ignore my presence completely.
It's frustrating to love your job so much but then the people you work with are so rude and immature...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home