Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Cliffhangers and Advice

I think I've recovered from the awful episode of this weekend. I didn't mean to be overdramatic in my last post and omit everything that happened. I just felt weird telling the blogging community all my personal biz-nazz.

And no. I wasn't raped. Good Lord, Clint.

Grumble. Anyway. Let me catch you up on my cliffhangers that I promised last week.

1. The Quadruple F-Bomb Dropper Who Asked Me Out: Several weeks ago, I winked at a guy whom I thought was very cute in his profile. He sent me an e-mail and said he wanted to talk on the phone. I sent my phone number. He called the next day.

Within the first 30 seconds of talking with him, I knew something was wrong.

He was drunk, people. Drunk. Who does this?

Not only that, but within about 10 minutes of the conversation, he dropped the f-bomb four times.

He then asked if I was free for drinks later in the week.

I told him I didn't think this was going to work out. What a first impression!

Did I mention he went to OU? Figures.

2. I Didn't Get Paid for My Time At Work Last Week: I shouldn't be blogging about work stuff. So I won't. If you're curious about this story, e-mail me.

In unrelated news, Sixty has not called me since our last date. He hasn't e-mailed either. Nor sent smoke signals or a carrier pigeon.

Do I sit tight? Or is he waiting for me to make the next move? Advice, bloggers?

4 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sixty appears to be a Traditionalist Dater, Sandy, so if you call, it'll put him off his script.

Guys have a different sense of time, so what seems like forever for you will seem like *snaps fingers* that to him.

Relax; he's done well thus far, give him the benefit of the doubt.

Wombat

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Thank you so much, Wombat. You always have super advice.

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shore, Sandy, anytime.

Wombat

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Call him, guys don't mind a girl being aggressive, it shows that you're interested in him. I know that when I'm seeing someone, or at least interested in someone, if she calls me it gives me that warm fuzzy feeling (insert joke here)...

But that's just me...

I would double check and see if your messenger owl has a note, Hedwig stopped by my place the other day and dropped off a note for me.

;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home