Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Super duper date and other lovahhhhs

Okay. I promised you guys an update on my love life. Here goes:

1. Old&Rich: He's the one who cancelled on me. Sent him an e-mail telling him I wasn't interested in rescheduling. Peace out, you crazy kid.

2. RedHeadedCowboy: From the bar. We've texted each other, but I remembered that I really don't have much in common with him. Come on. He's a farmer. I barely know what winter wheat is. I don't think he's for me. He sure was cute.

3. JackRussellChristian: He's from a while back. We've talked on the phone a few times -- only because we lost contact a few months ago and he decided to go all Hail Mary on me and attempt to call again out of the blue. Frankly? He bores me. I need someone peppy and energetic and willing to chase me a little. He is none of those things. Plus he's short. Next!

These next two are verrrrry promising:

4. DoctorHelper: Actually, he's a surgical technician, or at least he's studying to become one. He's tall, Christian, and plays guitar. We spoke on the phone on Sunday (I missed Grey's Anatomy for him! He better be worth it!), and the conversation went very, very, very well. I was pleasantly surprised. He said talking to me was like a breath of fresh air -- that I was so energetic and personable and smart. He couldn't wait to meet me. How nice. We are planning to meet Saturday for lunch, but haven't hammered out anything definite. Keep ya posted.

And meet the newest arrival...dum dum dum...

5. SixtyDollarTab: Super duper pooper date last night. I had absolutely zero expectations for this guy because he just asked me out right off the bat - no phone calls or e-mail pen-palish set up. And he was wonderful. Personable. Smart. Quick-witted. Cute. And....Christian!! And we actually talked about church and God and being saved. Did I mention that he dropped $60 on our dinner? We ate at an adorable French bistro, and he ordered a huge cheese plate for our appetizer and in addition to our delicious dinner -- it was $60! I offered to help pay, looked down at the tab, and gasped. "Oh no!" I said. "Please let me help you pay for this!" He wouldn't hear of it. How nice. Sixty dollars on someone he didn't even know! What a nice guy.

Needless to say, we'll be seeing one another again. It was such a refreshing date!

9 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're both off to a good start, SandyDee.

In the past I would have said to allow him to pay for the next few dates (say, three or four). Now I think it should be on a case-by-case basis.

However; a reach is always a good thing.

Wombat

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Adam said...

Someone is keeping busy...

I seem to have a love/hate relationship with dating...I love it and I hate it at the same time...

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger jo said...

sounds very promising... good for you! so where are you finding all these christian men?

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Wombat: A reach. That's great. I'm so dense, it took me a sec to know what you were talking about, but I getcha now. I have no problems picking up the tab next round, fo' so'.

Adam: Keeping busy with the men isn't the half of it. I forgot to update everyone on the job interview last week!

Jo: Seriously? Match.com. And I'm not compromising this round. If it doesn't say "Christian" under religion, they're out. I've dated too many non-Christians to mess around with that again.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow! You have to tell me how you're meeting all these guys! I am in a drought, a very long drought.

Any guy who spends money on a woman is off to a good start!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Okie said...

Ms, OSU cowgirl is gonna give up on a dude because he's a farmer? Weird. And a mistake.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Cheryl: I'm telling y'all: Match.com. There are good ones in there. They might be hiding, but they're there. :)

Okie: I'm not giving up on him because he's a cowboy. I'm giving up on him because he has shown little interest in me by not calling. (I'm not one to chase. Not my thingamajig.) This is all in addition to us not having a lot in common because he's a farm kid. I'd love to go out with him, but he's not asked. Bummer.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Very cool. Sounds like you've got a couple of good prospects. Keep the updates coming!!

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger James said...

Um, what is winter wheat?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home