Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Date #2 with Sixty

I am giddy this morning. People. I don't get giddy.

Sixty picked me up about 7:45, sporting a very nice, full beard, a stylish pearl snap shirt, and jeans. The guy looked very good. Very rugged. And the fact that he drives a truck - I have a serious thing for guys in trucks - made me all excited.

We ventured to Marble Slab Creamery. And he paid. I know, I know, I know. I'll get the next one. Cups of ice cream in hand, we headed to the mall. Walked around. Joked. Laughed at people. We got on the topic of books, and come to find out that we both like to read. So after the mall, we headed to the Barnes and Noble down the street to look around. That was super fun. Just joking and laughing and being silly.

Back at the car, and he slyly mentioned the Cake song, Stick Shifts and Safety Belts and how he wished he didn't have bucket seats in his truck. Hmmm. I could get used to this kid.

We talked about maybe seeing a movie, but we felt it was kinda late for that, so I invited him over instead. While sitting on the couch together, we flipped between The Daily Show, Leno and Letterman. Right about the time Letterman was reading his Top 10 list, he asked if I wanted to hear his cheesiest pick up line ever. I laughed and said sure.

"Do you know it's the same distance from here" he points to my right shoulder "to here" he points to the right side of my neck "as it is from here" he points to the left side of my neck "to here?" and points to my left shoulder, now with his arm around me. I giggled and pushed him away playfully. This guy is great. I would have loved for that arm to stay around me, but it usually takes me several dates to feel like I'm ready for that. I know. I'm weird. I am really enjoying myself with him.

It got to be about 11:30 and I said it was probably past my bedtime. He laughed and said he didn't want to overstay his welcome, so he hopped up to leave. Being silly, he walked to the door and said "Okay, well, I'll see you around!" and grinned really big. I was being sarcastic and said "Good. Get out." We got a good laugh about that. He asked if he could give me a hug, and I said of course, we pulled away, and I asked coyly, "Are we going to do this again?"

"Um, well, I, uh, I certainly hope so," he studdered. "I mean, I, uh, I'm kinda starting to like ya."

I think I blushed about a thousand shades of red. I don't even remember what I said in response. I think I just giggled, pushed him playfully out the door, and said, "Have a good night."

I am giddy this morning. People. I don't get giddy.

P.S. While I was hanging out with Sixty, GuitarPlayer called - phone was off - so he had to leave a message. We are solidifying plans for Saturday. And my cliffhangers will have to wait. I have a meeting I've got to scoot to.

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Okie said...

Unless you're withholding information, you better kiss him next time.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

He is not 60 years old. Actually he is just a tad older that me - at 25. He dropped $60 on our first date. And thus the nickname.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger jo said...

he sounds great...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home