Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, March 27, 2006

So it sounds like I'm working.

Because I can't work on a damned thing because our Web site at work is down, I'll update y'all on my life. You know. So it at least sounds like I'm working.

Date with GuitarPlayer. Saturday. Our first time meeting. Very nice. Kinda cute. Loads of personality. Tons in common. We moved things to dinner instead of lunch since I was still out of town at noon, played putt-putt - where he only beat me by two strokes - then headed over to this bar where we met up with some of his friends.

Yes. You heard me right. We met up with some of his friends. On the first date. It's okay. I was cool with it. His friends were fun.

He, on the other hand, was either very very nervous or just didn't feel comfortable with me yet. I didn't feel that spark that you feel when you meet someone. Should I go out with him again? We sure had fun. I dunno. You just can't force chemistry, but I guess another shot is worth a chance. And besides, I'm totally okay with busying myself with him so I'm not too anxious with SixtyDollarTab.

Speaking of Sixty ...

Follow-up plans with SixtyDollarTab. I sent him an e-mail last week after our super date, and I thanked him for the wonderful time. He wrote back and said he'd love to go out again, and wondered if we could go dancing or go to a dinner theatre.

Excuse me?! Who is this guy?! Wowsa. He's working hard. I like that. It's so refreshing to go out with someone who plans the date rather than saying: "Welllllll. I don't care. Whadda you wanna do?" Niiiice.

So he called. And I told him that either dancing or the theatre would be great, but that I wasn't much of a dancer. He laughed and said, "I'm not much of a dancer either, so how about I look up some dancing lessons? That might be fun." He is really winning me over with these creative dates.

Oh. Did I mention last time that he wanted to pray before we ate? I didn't? Well. We did.

All together: "Awwwww."

He'll probably break my heart. It always happens. I'll try to stay optomistic.

Job interview. While I feel it went very well, it's always so hard to tell over the phone. I'm not going to lie: I'm kindof disinterested in the whole thing right now. I know it's my dream job, but maybe I'm not meant to have it right yet. It's been a week and a half since I've heard anything from them, and I'm thinking that's probably not good. If I hear from them about a second phone interview that they said would be the next step, I'll do it, but I don't think I have any intentions of taking the job if it's offered. I dunno. Whatevs.

Stay tuned next time for the following two stories:

1. The Quadruple Eff Bomb Dropper Who Asked Me Out
2. I Didn't Get Paid for My Time At Work Last Week

Sorry about the cliffhanger. I promise both stories are worth it.

Damn. Our web's back up. I have to actually work. Hope I'm getting paid for it. Later, dudes and dudettes.

5 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Quadruple F bomb dropper? Are we talking four times in one day? On conversation? One sentance? I am intrigued...

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger jo said...

i think i like this sixtydollartab guy. not just 'coz he's generous and gentlemanly but also 'coz he seems like a nice fun guy. and there's something bout a guy who takes charge on a date instead of those who we will be all like i don't know, where do you wanna go?

 
At 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dream job! You totally deserve it, Jonesy!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Liberal Banana said...

I just found your blog through Kris' (I'm a Girl, Not Yet a Wino) and love what I've read so far! It's nice to find another fun, funny gal on the web that's not married with kids (I swear it seems like everyone else in the whole world is right now). Can't wait to read more!

(And yeah -SixtyDollarTab guy sounds like a real winner! Any guy that has the motivation to plan dates for the two of you is a real gem. And there's no harm in going on a second date with Guitar Player, right?)

PS - You said you're really into Idol, yes? I do a review on my blog every Wednesday, too, so if you want to check it out, just follow my Blogger link! :-)

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't all guys have a Date Plan in mind when asking out a woman?

I can't help wondering why it is that guys get away with the:
"Well what do you want to do?" tom-foolery.

Wombat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home