Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Alllmond Joys Got Nuts. Mounds Don't.

It is 10 o'clock in the morning, and I am sitting here at my desk eating an Almond Joy.

I have no shame in this.

My weekend was spectacular and just what I needed. The rendez-vous with my friends had been planned long in advance of Sixty and mine's breakup, but it seemed to come just at the right time.

Thursday night - yes, the day after my breakup - I partook in a well-needed Girls Night with my city friends Megan and Lauren. We had a blast. The best part was that I hadn't had much to eat all day, so I was a pretty cheap drunk!

I left for my hometown Friday night, and I didn't even take time to change out of my work clothes. Halfway to town - and also where most of my college-aged friends still go to school - I get word that we are hitting the bars. Even though I don't look appropriate in my suit pants and collared shirt, I agree to go. And we had a blast. (May I add that I had two men hit on me while we were there? Granted, they were drunk, but it was still a self-confidence booster!)

We finished the night on the floor of my friends' kitchen, eating mac and cheese, and laughing uncontrollably.

Saturday was a repeat of Friday, with the exception of dinner at our favorite restaurant. We had two huge tables full of 20 hot girls!

Sunday came pretty early, but it was well worth it. 7:30 in the morning, we left for our Float Trip down the Illinois River. Two huge coolers of beer and snacks, the wilderness, and 15 of my closest friends, it was everything I needed and more! And I didn't even get sunburned. Fabulous.

In other news, Sixty is coming by tonight to return some things that I still had at his house. This will be the first time I have spoken to him since the breakup. Dum dum dum. Actually? I'm fine with it. I cried a little after he left and then more the next day, but that was about it. I actually said I wanted to be friends with him, ironically enough. And he said he did, too.

So anyway. I'm jumping in with both feet and moving on. I've put my feelers out for a good singles group at a couple of churches - but just to meet some people my own age with my same beliefs. Wouldn't that be healthy?

Life is good. So good, in fact, that I think I'll have another almond joy...

7 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Adam said...

sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't...

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger CP said...

This is great.

I'd prefer a 3 Musketeer, but an Almond Joy at 10am is sheer ecstacy.

Good for you.

CP.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Okie said...

I knew things would improve. The blog is better already! Yay!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger jo said...

i'm glad that you seem to be dealing and moving on well. good on ya!

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

YAY for moving on to bigger and better things after a break-up.

Aren't Girls Nights Out fantastic?!

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! Keep you head up, I know the right guy is just around the corner! I am glad you had fun this weekend. I did too! I miss not seeing you everyday! Love you!

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I wish I could have been there this past weekend to be with you! But keep on, keepin' on! I miss you! (Oh, I prefer a Twix at 10:00am... had one myself this morning :)). Have a good one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home