Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Slumber Party

Clean sheets. Junk-food filled cabnets. Fluffed pillows. Breakfast in the fridge.

I'm ready.

Sixty and I are having our first slumber party Friday night.

And no. We're not doing the nasty. Get your minds out of the gutters. Actually, we had a talk about the nasty earlier in the week.

Now, kids? Listen here. I'm really reluctant to talk about all of this with you. One day, Sixty may know about this blog and I may regret telling you all of this. But this story is an imporant step in mine and Sixty's relationship, and I think you should know about it. Afterall, this blog is called Sandra Dee Dates.

So here goes.

Monday night, I got home from work late. After taking off my sweaty gym clothes and taking a shower, I checked my e-mail. (This is really nothing earth shattering because I obessively check my e-mail about a million times a day, but I digress.) The inbox showed a note from Sixty. "Hey Sexy!" it said. What's this?, I thought.

Talk about surprised. I won't go into detail, but basically what he said was that he was really concerned that all of our hot and heavy sessions were going to lead us to the point where we would both want sex. He was really concerned about this, even thought we'd talked about how we are both waiting until our wedding nights. He was afraid that we were both going to get weak and just give in.

I'm sure he's been wrestling with this issue for a while now - as have I. And as much as I like this dude, you don't think that I was willing to compromise and give in if he wanted to? Come on. I would have. Totally. But Sixty brought up a good point in his e-mail: If we do give in and have sex, we are just going to resent ourselves afterwards for doing it.

Exactly my reasoning behind waiting until I am married. It's not the actual sex I'm worried about - it's the emotional mess of the aftermath that scares me.

So basically, he was wanting to know where I stood on the issue. And I wasn't about to have a conversation like this over e-mail or the phone.

I called him. "Sixty?" I said when he answered. "I got your e-mail."

Nervous laughter. "Aaand?"

"Sixty? I'm going to come over, and we're gonna talk about this okay? See ya in a few."

When I got there, he was waiting on the front porch. We got in his car and drove around. I don't want to blog about all of the conversation, but basically we agreed that we were not having sex. Period.

What I told him was that even if you took all of the sexual tension out of our relationship, it wouldn't matter to me because I would still want to be with him regardless.

And that's the damn truth.

"Did I mention you're awesome?" he said, smiling.

I think he's awesome, too.

And he's so awesome that I'm sharing my bed with him on Friday for a slumber party. Now that we know how far we both want to go, I think we can be adult and mature enough to handle a sleepover.

And maybe even throw in a pillow fight, too.

14 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Sandra Dee and buy a ticket for his BONE ROLLER COASTER! Gotta be this tall to ride ladies! Just kidding. You are both way too sweet and innocnet, which, while good for the morals is BORING for your readers. Please post some manner of erotic literature for everyone here to get steamed up about and just substitute you and 60's (60 CENT) names instead of Rolf and Barbie.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Good for you both! I think it's great to stick to your guns and I am sure you'll have really fun sleepover still!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto @ Clint!

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Six 'n' Sandy, you guys are a refreshing antidote to the cynics and depressives out there.

More power to you both. (Although I don't know how you will tell Sixty that a Wombat offers his support. Might be difficult to explain. Best to keep it to yourself I'd say.)

Wombat

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Adam said...

...wow...

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you both. But I have to say, that slumber party deal would push me over the edge if it were me. I'm a weak woman. ;-)

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I'm weak too. The last slumber party I was at started out as "nothing's going to happen" and became "how the hell did I end up naked and are things going to be wheird in the morning?"

That being said, I think it's so great that you guys have talked about this and that you've found someone who is on the same page with you in that regard.

Go on with your bad selves and have some slumber party junk food for me!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger The Dummy said...

That's about as healthy a relationship as I've seen it. That's great you two were able to talk so openly about it.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger jo said...

i think it's really great that you and sixty can talk bout stuff like that. and that he respects you enough to worry bout if you guys are heading further than intended physically. have a fun slumber party...

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger ercwttmn said...

It's great that you two can have a mature converstation like that and come to the same conclusion.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Okie said...

I had an innocent slumber party turn out like Amber's once.

Update us, damnit!

 
At 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we need to worry that Sixty has kidnapped her and tied her to his bed?

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

No need to fear my blog friends. Sixty did not kidnap me. We had a wonderful slumber party.

I will update on my life soon. I am swamped this week at work or I would update from the office.

In other news, please send kind thoughts Sixty's way. He has his major surgery on Friday.

 
At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are killing me... where is the update?????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home