Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

A New Chapter

Hooray for the long weekend!

Taking tomorrow off work. I haven't had time off in a friggin' long ass time. I'm pumped. Leaving tonight for my family's for Friday through Sunday. Monday and Tuesday, house sitting with a friend of mine - in a house with a pool! - then downtown for the Fourth of July celebration.

I'm totally stoked. Aaaaand I heard back from the singles group leader at this church I've been wanting to try. He told me about all of the awesome things that the group is doing, and I can't wait to be a part of it. Woohoo.

And it looks like I might be fitting a date in next week, too.

I know, I know. I don't want to hear it, Moms and Dads. I haven't cried once since the night Sixty and I broke up. I really have a peace about this entire thing with him. And I think the healthiest thing for me to do is to get back out there again.

So there.

The dude I'm going out with? Graduated from the same university I did. We both go to all of the school's football and basketball games. He and I both have the same degree. And if nothing else, we'll end up as friends.

Speaking of ending up as friends, Sixty came by with some of my things yesterday. We had a nice conversation about stupid stuff, laughed and joked like we always did, and he gave me a hug as he left. The weirdest part? I know we're going to be really good friends.

And that's the only closure I need.

I'm ready for a new chapter in my life, kiddies.

4 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are doing good. This makes me very happy!!! I hope to see you soon!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger jo said...

wow! there you go back in the game again. well this singles church group thing sounds intersting. i wished my church had that.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Good for you for moving on like that! enjoy your weekend. I am jealous; I don't have off on Monday.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like I have some catching up to do. ;-) Off to read the other posts and catch up so I'm ready for your new adventures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home