Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Bobby Flay is a Freakin' Hottie and Other Things I Learned This Weekend

1. I would have Bobby Flay's children. Saturday morning's Food Network programming was a revelation. That man is gorgeous. A total Boy Next Door, a fabulous cook aaaaaand he has amazing arms. Yummy.

2. There is nothing wrong with my wanting to spend Friday evening cooped up alone in my apartment. There is something wrong, however, with my thinking that The Prince and Me 2 might be a good movie rental for the occasion. Eww.

3. Engaged, married, emotionally unavailable and gay men should all stand on one side of the bar while the completely and totally single ones stand on the other. This way I won't have to spend half an hour trying to get to know you and then find out that have a fiancee. Gah.

4. If you have huge boobs, I don't wanna see 'em. And, quite frankly, neither does anyone else for that matter. Well, except maybe the dirty old men. But besides, I'm a little bitter because of my poor little B babies. Don't laugh.

5. The mall is the best form of birth control. I almost had to tell a woman to take her screaming child from the dressing room. Not because the kid was annoying the crap out of me. But because I was going flippin' deaf.

6. I don't have to be afraid of doing things by myself. I went to the Bible study where I didn't know anyone. I went to a restaurant to eat dinner alone. I think that's a step in the right direction.

7. Apparently waiting behind a vehicle that's backing up and getting ready to vacate it's parking spot and turning your turn signal on to notify others that you in fact want that parking space does not entitle you to said parking space. This was evidenced by another man who was waiting for my parking space as he proceeded to roll his window down and yell at me. "Does that make you feel better about yourself now, missy?!" MY TURN SIGNAL WAS ON YOU ASS HAT.

8. My friends and I aren't allowed to grow up. They're all getting married and having babies, and I'm still busy dating Mr. Wrong and fighting bachelorism. I'm not old enough for all this grown up talk yet!

How were your weekends?

5 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ol' pal Natalie here. I'll fight you for Bobby Flay. Seriously. I, too, have discovered a ridiculous crush on him this summer.

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

#1. And I'll take his missus.

#3. Great idea! The ones who are stopping this are the engaged, marrieds etc because we singles are where it's at, baby. They love being around us.

#4. Sandy, you miss the point. It's not the size, it's the visibility that's important. Put your ladies on show and see what happens.

#7. Etiquette on the road should be at least as big a part of the driving test as skills. Parking lots are true repositories of anarchy.


Wombat

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Adam said...

You need to add take-out chinese to the list, a stable of single-dom...I eat gobs and gobs of it. There's a killer dirty chinese restaurant about a mile from my apartment, they know me by name now and always ask if I'm having the 'usual'...sesame chicken with white rice and an egg roll...and I always do...

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger charming, but single said...

I LOVE Bobby Flay. I say we have a grill off and the best blogger chef wins him ...

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Adam said...

Hmmm, I thought all the ladies were hot for Tyler Florence...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home