Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Busy Sunday and the Real World

As you may or may not have noticed, we've got a new look going on here at Sandra Dee Dates. Hope y'all like it. I wanted something a bit more ... I dunno ... girlie. Which, contrary to my sidebar references to farthing and eating peanut butter out of a jar, I am rather girlie.

SO. This weekend was rather uneventful, which was just what this tired girl needed after a busy week full of work, socializing and gym frequenting.

Heh. Then came Sunday. Jam packed full of a wedding shower and a work commitment.

With every intention of attending church and the new Bible study that I've been enjoying so much, I just didn't think I could squeeze it in before the wedding shower for a sorority sister.

Time out. Let's talk about all of the people I know who are getting married this year.

Nineteen.

Ahem. Let me repeat that. I don't think those in back heard.

NINETEEN. PEOPLE. GETTING. MARRIED. THIS. YEAR.

I'm not going to all of the ceremonies, and some of them I don't even know well enough to figure out a really good gift for 'em. But that's a heck of a lot of friends to be gettin' hitched in one year.

Now don't get me wrong. I love me a good wedding. Chatting with old friends, eating divine food, and dancing the night away. And an open bar makes it all that much better.

I guess it just hasn't sunk in yet that I'm old enough for this to all be happening. Yikes! And to think that one day it might be me?! Double yikes! Not to mention the fact that my coworker, who has been married for two years now and is one year older than I am, is building a house with her doctor husband. Triple yikes! What happened to the keggers, cold pizza, crap-hole apartments and scrounging the car for loose change?!

The life that once surrounded me in the college world has been replaced with a real world full of weddings, houses, bigger paychecks, babies and IRAs. WTF?!

But I digress.

The wedding shower was adorable -- it was a scrapbook party! -- but I had to skeedattle half-an-hour into the whole shin dig. I had to go to a baseball game for work.

Yes. I got paid to go to a baseball game, man a booth full of our promotional items and promote tourism in my state. I freakin' love my job.

I left the game four hours later, sweaty and hot, tired and worn out. But my boss gave me tomorrow morning off, so I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

After a long hot shower, I am listening to some beautiful Nellie McKay and am ready for dinner.

Now. Where's that cold pizza...

*edit* I HATE Blogger spellcheck! It doesn't even recognize "sidebar" or "girlie." Sigh.

10 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should so totlally date this guy. He has an entire web site devoted to dating women... http://gels.customer.netspace.net.au/

 
At 2:30 AM, Blogger jo said...

i like the new look. it's indeed girly.

19?? are you kidding? that's just madness! i know bout 9 getting married and i thought that was waay too much for a year...

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the new look Sandra!

So you think people getting married seems to be the new trend? I have another for you. In the last week I've found out 3 people I know are pregnant. Maybe there's something in the water...

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Clint: He's perfect for me, Clint! What would I ever do without you! And he likes Italian and Chinese food?! We must be soulmates!

And I really enjoyed the lack of proofreading and the beautiful site design. What a catch!

Where did you find this dreamboat?! I should e-mail him pronto!

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad that the spellcheck doesn't recognize words like "farthing" either.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Anon: You shut your dirty mouth. I can let loose just as good of a farth as I can a fart.

So THERE. ;)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger nolatravelgirl said...

I am pink fan! Great choice IMHO.

Thank god at 32 I am finally out of wedding mania years. I am now just the odd spectacle at the few weddings I do attend who gets to sit at the singles table

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I don't think I even KNOW 19 people. Sheesh.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I like the girlie-ness of your new look. I myself am so not ready to be grown up, yet my friends are having babies!

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to tell you that I'm not getting married. That is all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home