Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Hanger On

As The Eternal Freshman likes to call them, I've got a Hanger On.

Just when I was ready to forget the weirdos in the online dating world, get some cats, and start talking to myself, this guy winks at me. Dammit.

So I check out his profile. Hmm. He's cute. Lives in the city. Good grammar and punctuation. College degree. But 5'11", which usually means they're lying, and they're actually 5'7". I decided to look past that with all the other strong points, even though I'm 5'9".

I wink back. He e-mails me: "Thought I'd break the ice and say hi." Super. So I respond several days later, including my regular e-mail address because my subscription is expiring that next day.

We have volleyed e-mails back and forth for about a week now, and he and I finally talked on the phone Tuesday night.

For an hour.

We obviously have a lot in common, and he sent me an e-mail Wednesday morning telling me he enjoyed talking to me and would like to do it again that night.

And so be it. He called again Wednesday evening, and we talked for another hour. He sounds super cute. Very nice voice. Definitely intelligent. Friendly for sure.

But? No mention of meeting.

Hmm.

9 Comments:

At 6:18 AM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

I'm sure he'll ask soon.

Trust me, I'll be the first one to say there's no need to rush in to these things.

I pretty much did that with all of my ex's - and we see how well that worked for me!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger cmk said...

It will happen at the right time--just enjoy each other and let things happen naturally!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger CP said...

Might be a little intimidated.

Give him time...or, YOU bring it up! Be a woman of the 2000's, dammit! *L*

CP.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll ask soon if he is smart. Getting to know one another this way is fine, but nothing beats getting to meet face and face and seeing if the chemisty is there in person as well.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger Verge Das Neves said...

So let me guess...you really like 'Grease'? So did I. Whats up From South Africa

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger jo said...

since it seems to be going so well, i'm sure he'll ask soon.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger ercwttmn said...

i think in this day in age anyone can bring up the idea of meeting. but part of me thinks that he should be the one.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger nolatravelgirl said...

Drop a hint about meeting. Maybe mention a cool coffee shop or bar in your neighborhood and see if he bites.

 
At 5:18 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Any mention yet? If not, the boy is clearly crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home