Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Philanthropic Endeavors

Because everyone that comes around here probably thinks that all I do is work, socialize, work out, and accept the occasional date, I am going to unveil something to y'all that I haven't told many people yet.

It is something that I have been thinking about doing for a while now. And last week, I just decided to jump in and go for it.

My volunteer application for this is complete!

They're supposed to call me next week to talk about where I'm needed, and I can't wait! I have been looking forward to working with these little girls for a long time now.

I did stress that I probably wouldn't be such a great troop leader, but that I had the knowledge of what Girl Scouts was because I had done it in grade school. Maybe I could help them with programming or earning badges. Or maybe even cookie sales! Yum.

I'm so excited!

What are some organizations that you're involved with? Any that you recommend?

3 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Amber said...

As you know, I'm a HUGE fan of working with the youth group at my church. I think working with the Girl Scouts will be so great for you -- and for them!!!

"On my honor, I will try, to serve God, my country..."

Oops. Sorry. Got all carried away. Used to be a GS myself. Ahem. Anyway, good luck!

 
At 5:17 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

That sounds awesome! I wish I'd get on the volunteering. Anyway I think you should share the cookie wealth with us bloggers.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger nolatravelgirl said...

The girl scouts is a great organization. You will enjoy it! Before moving to DC I volunteered with my church youth group and even went on the mission trip with them two summers ago. It was probably one of the best uses of my vacation time ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home