Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, February 13, 2006

My Prince Charming Missed the Memo

I realize Valentine's Day is tomorrow. I realize that I don't have a date. I realize that I'll probably stay at home in my sweats tomorrow night.

And that's fine with me. I don't really care, okay? I don't. I. Don't. Care.

My Prince Charming missed the memo, anyway.

Why is there so much emphasis placed on whether or not you have a date on Valentine's Day? I mean, why can't we spread the love on another holiday?

Like Easter, for instance. Have that be ... I dunno ... "Make A Date with Jesus" Day or something.

Groundhog Day? "Hug A Fat Furry Rodent" Day.

April Fool's Day?: "Be Nice To Your Roommate For A Change You Bastard And Don't Use His Toothbrush As A Toilet Brush."

Saint Patrick's Day could be "Love You Some Beer" Day.

Oh wait. It's pretty much already called that.

And how about April 15? "Love The IRS And Get Your Shit Together Before This Day." Okay, well you don't have to love the IRS, but you probably should love your life savings enough to still get your shit together before this day.

At any rate, this humor makes me feel better. Thanks. Now I think I'll survive tomorrow. And all you lovely beautiful and handsome single creatures out there will, too.

So send yourself some flowers at work, eat a big 'ol box of chocolates, and then, do as my friend Natalie says:

"Put on your big girl panties and get over it."

Enjoy the single life, boys and girls.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Okie said...

Just think about how much cash you're saving by not having someone to buy shit for. At least for a guy, that's reason enough to be happy today.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I like to call April 15 "Buy Amber Presents" day, because that's my birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home