Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Introductions and Updates

My dearest Sandra Dee Dates readers. I am pleased to introduce to you two more men, whose names shall be protected to change the innocent.

Oh wait. Strike that. Reverse. Ten points to whoever can name what movie that quote is from!

I digress.

On with the show...

1. JackRussellChristian: Called such because of his dog and the fact that he is a very strong Christian. He looks quite cute in his pictures. Rides a motorcycle, is very fit and active, loves him some Jesus, football and music.

When you read a profile like his that says: "I want to meet a great Christian girl, someone with a sense of humor, someone who is low-maintenance and loves me for me and not what material gain can give them," it hits home, kiddies. I mean, I'm low maintenance! I'm a great Christian girl! And I've got a dazzling sense of humor!

The catch? He's 5'10", and we all know what that means.

Okay, okay, okay. I'm keeping an open mind.

2. BoomerSooner: Now my momma told me never to get involved with any of those stupid OU Sooners. (Okay, so maybe she never said that. Our family just has strong ties to the other guys.) But I'm making an exception for this one.

He's from my hometown, loves sports, Jesus, and - in a bizarre turn of events - actually went to high school and was very good friends with one of my old boyfriends (whom I am still on good terms with and he has given the stamp of approval).

I'm a bit overwhelmed by his second e-mail though. Long, yes, but more about the part at the end: "You are sooooo beautiful. I'm glad I didn't scare you off with my ugly pictures. lol."

I hope this guy doesn't come on too strong too fast and send me running for the hills.

In other news...

Anchorman: Sent funny e-mail this morning. Something about my poor Pokes losing to the stupid Sooners in basketball last night, and about how the anouncers during the game wouldn't shut up about how wonderful his alma mater, the KU Jayhawks, did against the Huskers. I added that I had fun on Friday, and inserted my signature "How's life?" question.

This was our first form of communication since our date last Friday. No response. I'm not totally sure he's into me, guys. Not gonna lie.

And finally...

BlastFromThePast: Called him last night to tell him that this weekend would be fine. He said he had an out-of-town football clinic that he was going to have to go to.

Whaaaaaaaat?!

"Do you still want to get together or is that your way of blowing me off?" I asked.

"No no no. Of course I still want to get together. How about next weekend?" he asked.

"I'll have to wait and see. I'll get back with you." Like my non-committedness?

This dude could seriously be trouble. And quite frankly, I don't have the time or the energy to put up with his games at this point. I'm not saying he doesn't have a football clinic this weekend, but he was the one who wanted to do this weekend to begin with. I was the one who needeed to check. Why has this clinic crap suddenly come up? Whatever.

The reason I'm being so cynical is that I think he most definitely is a ladies man, no doubt about that. Whatever. Okie reminded me not to settle for this kid. You are so right, kind sir. Thanks.

So that's that. I hope you enjoyed meeting Sandra Dee's new prospects.

Until next time, don't sit too close to the televison and eat your veggies.

1 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger Okie said...

Boomer! At least you'll know he got a decent education. Plus, the fact the he will never wear anything orange should be a plus. What an awful color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home