Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I didn't want to wash my hair this morning.

Date numero three with Sixty last night. Hold on to your hats, kiddos. This one's a long one. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Sixty was making stew and wondered if I wanted to come over and have some with him last night. We planned it rather spontaneously - which I know is never good because that is making myself too available. However, I didn't have other plans so I agreed.

I raced home, beautified my fabulous self, grabbed a bottle of wine - I felt I should bring something - and was on his doorstep by 6:20.

And oh my, did he smell good. And looked adorable, I must add. He's trying so hard. How cute.

I stepped in, and saw what an adorable - adorable - house he had. Hard wood floors, new cabinets, great floor plan. I couldn't get over how nice it was. He told me it was in a neighborhood full of gay people, but that he didn't mind. "They give me lots of good gardening tips," he said, laughing. "Their lawns are immaculate."

Dinner was good, although I was super nervous. I don't think he could tell, but I just kept sipping my wine, hoping that would help. I think he was nervous, too because he lost his train of thought about three times, and then just started laughing after doing so. How cute.

I offered to help him clean up, but he wouldn't hear of it, so I suggested we take a walk. I knew he liked being outside, and besides, it was a gorgeous night. He thought that sounded wonderful. We took off. At one point I grabbed a hold of his arm in the middle of him telling a story, and he just stuttered and stammered. I was flustering him! Gosh. I have a bad thing for guys who don't have any game.

At one point, we passed a church. I talked to him about how I hadn't been attending mine on a regular basis because I don't like going by myself, and he said, "Well I'm going to be staying in town this weekend, so we could possible go to church on Sunday..." and he paused. He and I simultaneously said "...together" and laughed. What a great guy. He also mentioned that he wanted to take me to the museum here in town. So that's two more planned dates.

We got back, and, since it was early, decided to pop in a movie. Before we did, he mentioned that he had lots of missed calls from his family, so I told him it was fine if he called them back; I didn't mind waiting. While he was on the back porch, I looked through his movies and books. Three-fourths of the books were faith-based books - but I noticed the two Christian dating books, one of them being Boy Meets Girl by Joshua Harris. Let's just say that I could totally see myself with this guy.

So he comes in from being on the phone, and we start The Shawshank Redemption. About 20 minutes through it, for some reason, something prompted our quoting lines from Anchorman, one of our favorite movies. We were having so much fun quoting lines back and forth that we decided to pop in the said flick.

Partway through the movie, he reached over and took my hand. Later, he slipped his arm around me, but while he did, he asked it that was okay that he did that. I told him sure, but that I just hadn't made up my mind about him yet - kidding of course, but I said it with a totally serious face. He said, "Well. I've made up my mind about you." Gasp and sigh. I was totally getting all tingly over this man. The next thing I know, my head is laying on his leg, and he's playing with my hair. I love it when guys play with my hair.

While laying down, I was just about asleep, so I decided it was time to get going. He walked me to my car, gave me a big hug, and just held me for about a minute. It was so nice. I pulled away, and we just looked at one another. He leaned in for the kiss, but while he did, I kept moving my head ever so slightly back so that he had to keep leaning in to touch my lips. I finally laughed and gave in, and it was so nice.

We stood in his driveway kissing for what seemed like forever. I pulled away first, walked to my car to unlock it, laughed and said "I feel like a giddy teenager," and he laughed. I walked back to him for a few more pecks, and then he asked if we would be doing this again. I said, "No. I don't think so," and grinned. I got into the car, started to drive off, but noticed he was standing on his front porch, waiting for me to get out safely. How sweet.

I didn't want to wash my hair this morning. It smelled too much like him.

8 Comments:

At 9:28 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

It's supposed to be ok to not wash your hair every day. Keep that smell!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Liberal Banana said...

Yeah, I didn't wash mine this morning! :) Sounds like a really lovely date! Isn't that such a wonderful feeling?

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Okie said...

Awwwwwwwwww. He sounds like a good guy. I'm happy for you.

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so dirty.

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog, and I'm enjoying it immensely. Glad to hear about the great date. Good luck with the guy; he sounds wonderful! By the way, I'm a college hoops maniac, and I always compile a McHottie Team (to the chagrin of my male sports friends). Can't wait to hear how the next date with Sixty goes.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, is it bad of me to be completely jealous of you right now? I am so excited for you! By the way will we still be seeing you on Saturday or will you be to busy with this Sixty fella to hang out with you old friends!?

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger jo said...

awww sounds likea wonderful time. and i think maybe i should get those joshua harris books haha!

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Awwwwww!!! I love when my shirt smells like a guy I like because he's been snuggling me and/or kissing me. It's my favorite thing ever. He sounds so cool. SO COOL!! Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home