Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Destination: Beantown and The Big Apple (For the first time ever!)

I am just about to burst with excitement.

Last May, after graduating from Oklahoma State, my college buddy moved up to Boston to take a job with a Web design company. He left with just about nothing but his clothes on his back, so it's been an adventure to say the least. But he loves living up there, and I've never been to anywhere in the northeast before, so I love hearing about his latest escapades.

Monday night, he and I are chatting, and he mentions that our Cowboy basketball team is playing Syracuse in the Jimmy V Classic in Madison Square Garden in December. This is exciting news, not only because I hadn't seen an Oklahoma State schedule yet, but also because I love a good match up for our boys.

"Do you want to go with me to it?" he asks. This coming from the guy who would camp out before the games just to get student seats on the floor. And he's saying this to a girl who never missed a game and had season tickets every year she was in school.

"Don't you joke about that with me," I said. "Because I would so be there."

"I'm serious," he said. "Come up here and I'll show you around Boston. We'll take in New York City the couple of days before the game."

Kt4*PW!!^&MKo#%!!!

Ahem. Okay. So. Lemme recap. I am:

1. Going to see Boston for the first time ever;
2. Going to see New York City for the first time ever;
3. Going to see my Cowboys play in Madison Square Garden; and
4. Going to visit my good friend.

I think I am seriously going to pee my pants.

2 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

Oh. My. God.

You so better email me so we can meet up for a drink - we can go to the Beantown Pub!

I do not lie. Such a place does exist.

 
At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um....So we come to your blog to read about boys. Where are the boys in this post??!!?? Come on Sandra! We expect more from you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home