Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I just coughed up my right lung.

I hate being sick.

But even worse that that? I hate going to the doctor.

With a board meeting this morning at work, I knew I had to make myself go to the office. So I forced myself out of bed and and into the shower.

And it was pretty much downhill from there. I hacked and coughed all the way to work. And I could hardly get through my board report, doing nothing more than hacking up mucus, drawing attention to the fact that I felt like crap. And when I wasn't talking, I was sneezing and blowing my nose.

Then, with things going so well and all in the board room, I decided it would be a good idea to go out to eat with everyone afterwards. And there I proceeded to cough and hack some more while everyone at the table looked at me like "Don't you dare get me sick."

Back at the office, my boss told me to take the afternoon off. "You'll feel so much better after you take a nap and just rest."

So I got in my car, and went to the mall.

I'm kidding. But I really wanted to. Instead, I decided it was time to go to the doctor. Gah. Did I mention I hat the doctor?

But it really wasn't so bad, especially since he gave me some kick ass drugs.

So I filled the presciptions, got some sick-people food at the grocery store, headed home, took my drugs, and had a wonderful nap.

After which, I proceeded to cough up my right lung.

I hope these kick ass drugs kick in soon.

8 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger East Coast Teacher said...

Hey, at least you have good drugs!

And who can argue with a sick day - paid, of course! - that gives you the luxury of sitting around in your pj's watching trashy daytime tv?!

Hope you feel better soon :)

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger jo said...

i hope you get better soon! i'm sure you wouldn't hate going to the doctor so much if your doctor was cute haha!

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Amber said...

People around me are sick as well and I'm dreading the day that I too am coughing up a lung. Hope you feel better!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger DCVita said...

Hope you feel better soon! Always this time of year....

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Woodrow said...

Aww. I hope you get better real soon. Have a hot toddy for me!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger That 30's Guy said...

I'm hacking up a lung too. This sucks, and I'm only a day away from the weekend. Damn it.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger ercwttmn said...

hope you start to feel better sandra.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger CP said...

Get your lung back as soon as possible. Your breasts will get lopsided if you don't.

Feel better.

CP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home