Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Isn't the single life fun?

*If you're here from Grins' Single of the Week site -- welcome! Feel free to shoot me an e-mail or leave me a message. I'm anxious to get to know some new bloggers!*

Exciting stories, people. Gather 'round. I've got a few date prospects in my midst.

Thursday night, I had plans to get together with my new lunch group friends from church. We were going to a country and bluegrass music concert at the local outdoor museum, and I was pumped.

Why?

Okay, okay, okay readers. You've drug it out of me. Remember the guy that I said I just couldn't stop thinking about? I met him in this group.

And I was pretty certain he would be there on Thursday. So I found my best lookin' outfit, did my hair and makeup all cute, and was off for food and fellowship at the concert.

THE story of my LIFE. He wasn't even THERE. Why didn't I just give him my card when I saw him the first time?! I'm such a dork! Hrumph. Whatever. I decided to make the most of my cute outfit and good mood, and just enjoy everyone's company instead. Who needs cute boys?

The next thing I know, here comes an adorable guy -- and he sits down next to me. He's dressed in typical Western attire -- a cowboy hat, Wrangler jeans, and cowboy boots -- and even has a thick southern accent to add to it.

Hellllooooooooo, new friend. Yummy.

He introduced himself. He was in construction management for a while, but now he's a realtor.

I bet he asked me about 50 questions all evening. Does that mean he was into me or just an inquisitive dude? Who knows. All I know is that I was enjoying his company.

At one point, we all gathered together for a picture, and everyone had to move their chairs together to squeeze in. He pushed his around closer to me, the girl snapped the picture, and everyone moved their chairs back to their original positions after the picture was taken -- except this guy. Let's just say that if I hadn't thought he was such a cutie, he would have most definitely been in my personal bubble. And he sat that way for the rest of the evening.

At another point, I was kidding around with him, and he playfully hit me. Twice.

I am so dense about this kind of thing, so maybe this encounter was nothing and I'm reading too much into it. But let's just say this: I'll be excited to get to know more about him.

Isn't the single life fun?

5 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too funny that he punched you in the arm. Cute, but that is straight from "How to Pick Up Girls on the Playground and Other Tricks With Women". Congrats on being Single of the Week!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger jo said...

ooh he sounds like he likes you... so you may not have seen the guy you can't stop thinking bout... but maybe this new guy will get you to start thinking bout him instead...

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it can be... it can also be the pits! Anyway, popped over from Grins and thought I'd say hi :-)

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Peter said...

*takes notes*

"Punches arm..."

Hi. I wandered in from grins-ville too.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I would say he's into you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home