Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Prospects and an Oh-My-Gawd Moment

Because I have some people requesting that my posts be more about boys and less about my life, here is the latest.

I am currently pursuing three men of the online variety:

1. A meteorologist
2. An Air Force Academy graduate turned mechanical engineer
3. A lawyer

Losers, I tell you. LOSERS! (Sarcasm, sarcasm.)

More exciting news, however, about the in-person prospects. (And no, the waiter did not call. I know you are are devistated. I personally am okay with it.)

Last week, my coworkers interviewed a couple of interns and hired them for some part-time help around the office. One of them started yesterday. The other started today.

And the one who started today is a freakin' hottie. Like the he-makes-me-nervous-and-sweaty-to-be-around-him type of hottie.

Now before you all go crazy on me, this dude is my age. So it's not like I'm robbing any craddles or anything. And he's just my type. Tall, lanky, shy and quiet, intelligent, gets my humor and goes to a private Christian university in town. I realize this could be a conflict of interest with him working for us and everything, but who says a girl can't have fun with someone while she's at work, eh? And my married coworkers made sure to get the scoop on him in the relationship department: single. Woo the eff hoo. No boundries, kids.

The other news is completely out of this world. Like a serious Oh-My-Gawd Moment.

So let's go back about 5 years ago to the love of my life. Let's call him Sam. I broke up with him for absolutely no reason whatsoever, other than the fact that I wanted to spread my wings and see what else was out there. And I'm a complete idiot and a jackass because of it. My family loved him, his family loved me. He was wonderful to me and treated me like a queen. I have always regretted breaking up with him, but I can't look back on the past, right? Although part of my always wondered what he was up to or at the very least some "what ifs?" would creep in. But onward, I always told myself.

This morning at work, I'm checking out Facebook and my friend has posted new pictures. They are of her Bible study, and someone is celebrating a birthday. Pictures of the party are in the album.

Then I look a little closer.

It's Sam. He's in her Bible study.

Not to sound weird, but I have done Google searches for this dude, just out of curiousity to find out what happened to him after graduation. Nothing would ever come up. And for him to turn up in her Bible study? I was beyond disbelief.

I called her immediately. "Is this Sam in your Bible study?" I ask.

"Yeah, he's a sweetheart. Why? Do you know him?" I told her the background info.

"That is the craziest thing ever. You so need to get a hold of him. Maybe you could reconect or even catch up or something? Oh let me do some name dropping next time I see him!"

Could a second chance with a love of my life be worth it?

9 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

It could totally be worth it!

I like whatever you post on, for the record.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Someone actually asked you to post less about your life? WTF?

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never, ever deal with someone from work! Talk about drama and awkwardness. That's just a problem waiting to happen.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie likes this idea! I'm actually dealing with a little bit of fate in the romance area myself.

Coworker Boy? Makes me nervous.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Coming from somone who now works in an office with a ton of boys, many of whom are good looking, I say don't close any doors with Intern Boy -- unless it's the door to the supply closet and you're both in there!

As for the love of your life, I hope it works out like you want it to -- everything happens for a reason...

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh...kismet at work. Why not reconnect?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger jo said...

there is nothing wrong with pursuing something with a coworker. as long as he's not your boss or subordinate i think it's fine. in fact there've been a few coworkers and ex coworkers that i've been interested in before.

as for ben... wow! what are the chances? maybe it's a sign? at least reconnect again with him to catch up... for old times sake...

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Just wow! Your life is getting very exciting in the boy department. I have to agree with Mr. Jeff, stay away from that guy at work. Hot as he may be, things could get real awkward... Keep me posted on this Ben guy!

 
At 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

free online dating jion free www.marrymee.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home