Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Dinner. And The Mom?

Is it bad that I can't wait to see Sixty tonight?

Last weekend was spent with my family in the neighboring town, so I haven't seen the dude since last week. We hardly got to talk the whole time I was gone, but finally got a hold of each other on Saturday night.

"I was hoping you'd call!" he said. We talked about our days, and he mentioned that his father - who's a truck driver so he's on the road a lot - was in town that weekend, so he woke Sixty up that morning so the two of them could go to breakfast.

He said the two of them talked a lot about me. Gulp. I think that's a good sign.

Here's the other deal: Sixty is coming to Spring Sing next weekend. This event is when the fraternities and sororities at Oklahoma State pair up and put on a variety show to raise money for Coaches vs. Cancer. Oklahoma State is in my hometown, so Sixty will be meeting lots of my college friends that are still in school there.

We were talking about Spring Sing, and he asked if he would be meeting my mom while we were in town. Another gulp.

Hmmm. How do you all feel about him meeting The Mom? It's not even been a little over a month that we've been dating. I dunno. I guess if he is even giving thought to meeting her, then I guess that's a good sign? Do you guys think it's too soon?

Sigh. I'm so worried about screwing this up and I'm forgetting to have fun. I need to quit worrying, let go and let God.

Anyway, after my relaxing weekend at home, I hurried home on Sunday afternoon so I could begin getting ready for Sixty's arrival to my abode tonight.

And when I say "get ready," I don't mean that I tidied up the house. I mean that I made dinner. And I don't cook. At. All.

Curry chicken, rice casserole, and salad. I didn't have time to make dessert. Although I'm sure we can find other ways to occupy our mouths after dinner. Let's just hope he sticks around after he eats what I made!

I can't wait to see him.

6 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

You're so cute with how excited you are!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... no metion of dessert eh? I'm guessing that it's made with CHERRIES! Oh yeah.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could have mom and Sixty meet, but you don't have to spend the whole time together. Brief would be okay...and less scary.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger jo said...

i think it's sweet that he actually asked if he would be meeting your mom. it shows that he really likes you.

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Adam said...

I need to go to church tonight to meet a nice girl...

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so that is just about the cutest thing ever! You could hardly wait to see him! I love that you are a giddy girl about this boy! I can't wait to meet him on Saturday! You could always introduce hime to my parents that would be a good time! You are the best, and I know that if he likes you he will like your mom too! I agree with anon up there, maybe it could be a quick hello before the show starts that way it won't get awkward or anything! See ya dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home