Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Rules of Sandra Dee's Blog

The Rules of Sandra Dee's Blog
(and an update, of course)


1. Keep the filthy comments down. (Clint.)

2. Don't use my real name. That is to insure my privacy.

3. To friends who read this blog: I am bringing Sixty to Spring Sing on April 22. IF YOU MEET HIM, DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MENTION THIS BLOG TO HIM OR REFER TO HIM AS SIXTY. He does not know about this blog, nor will he ever know as far as I'm concerned. I would pee my pants if he knew my innermost and personal thoughts about him via this blog. That would probably be the death of me. So, yeah, thanks.

On a lighter note, lemme update ya on Monday's date.

I had fully expected him to call on Sunday night to set things up, but he didn't. I was actually a little upset. He called Monday afternoon at work.

"How do you feel about chicken?" he said.

"What about it? I like it if that's what you're asking."

"I'm going to barbeque some for us. Is that okay?"

"Sounds awesome."

"What time should I expect you?" (So much better than the "why don't you get here at such-in-such time." I hate that.)

"Ummmm. Seven?"

"Great. See you then."

I got there at seven sharp and could smell the delicious charcoal when I walked in. He had a table on his back patio, and he said that we would be sitting outside. So I set the table. While gathering everything, I notice a big bag of something.

"What's this?" I asked.

"Oh. The liquor store owner recommended it. Some kind of chardonnay. I spent 30 minutes on my lunch break looking for a good one, but decided to give up and ask him."

Here I was thinking this outdoor barbeque was a whim, when that was the complete opposite. I am really enjoying the fact that the dude always has a plan in mind. That is so refreshing.

So we eat outside - with a citronella candle so we wouldn't get eaten by bugs - and I drank waaaaay too much of the said wine. I apologized for being completely buzzed, and he didn't have any idea what I was talking about. I was falling all over myself here people! How unladylike. Anyway, it was kindof fun because my inhabitions were completely gone by that point. We sat outside and enjoyed the delightful evening, talking away.

I think I could watch paint dry with this guy, and I would still enjoy it.

We cleaned up, plopped down on the couch, and decided to skip the movie and just make out instead. I mean, come on. Who were we kidding?!

And. Well. I'm blushing here, but let's just say it's becoming increasingly hard to keep our hands to ourselves.

He walked me out to my car, and I informed him that I would be going out of town for the rest of the week on vacation slash my grandmother's surgery slash Easter slash hiatis from work slash whatever. He wanted to know when he could see me again. Next Monday sounds good, I said.

Prepare yourselves for another update at that time. As for my vacation, I'm starting it today. Back to sleep I go...

7 Comments:

At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cockels, titmouse, Lake Tittikaka, nubbin, barn swallow, penalize, feck, gibbet, dongle, clambake, banal, cummberbund, seaman, ballpeen, sebum, nuptules, seminary.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

"I think I could watch paint dry with this guy, and I would still enjoy it."

wow!

Good call on the blog warning!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Uh, blog warning to your friends I meant. Sorry about that!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Woo-woo...why keep your hands to yourself...I love that paint drying line. I want someone to watch paint dry with!

 
At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

alright already, we get it! NO calling him SIXTY!! Love you, and I am glad you were in stillwater to go out with us last night!

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger jo said...

there was a time when my friend called this guy by the nicknamed that us girls knew him by and we were mortified!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Clint: You dirty pirate hooker. Happy birthday, BTDub.

Velvet: I know. He makes a boring evening into lots of fun.

Cheryl: I think the hands to ourselves bit might have to hit the road. Serrrrrriously can't take it.

Grins: Could you just imagine?! I would DIIIIE.

Annie: I can't tell you the last time I went to Murphy's. Good times.

Jo: Yup. Hence the warning.

Thomas: Have I mentioned that Sixty looks like Edward Norton? How funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home