Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Weekend Update

Well it's not a la Tina Fey and Jimmy Fallon, but Sandra Dee can be just as interesting, right?

Right.

Sixty and I had made plans to get together Saturday afternoon for a trip to the museum. But with everything I needed to do this weekend, I wanted to use Saturday afternoon to accomplish it all. So I cancelled, but I suggested Friday night instead. He thought that was fine.

We headed to Buffalo Wild Wings for some tasty chicken and burrrrr and even caught a little bit of the Hornets game while we were there. It had turned cold so we decided on the Incredible Pizza down the street. This place was amazing - go karts, minature golf, arcade games, bumper cars, bowling - all indoors! I had so much fun. After a round of mini golf, go karts, air hockey and skeeball - you like that Jeff? - we collected our prizes and decided to peace out.

He drove home, pulled into his driveway and asked if I wanted to come inside.

Um. Duh.

We talked on the couch for a while, I got to meet his roommate and girlfriend, then we discussed what movie to watch.

Ahem. Let's just say we didn't do much watching of the movie.

Although - let's get one thing straight here, kids. He was nothing but a perfect gentleman. I totally love that. Any other guy would have his hands down my pants or up my shirt by this point. He even was holding my hand with his arm laying between my boobs and was like "Oh - sorry - is this uncomfortable for you?" I really appreciate that.

So we're just laying there on the couch, and after a long batch of silence, he says to me: "Sandra Dee? I like you."

I didn't know what to say. I just sat there in shock. Don't misunderstand, I like him too, but I guess I'm not ready to admit it to him yet. I'm trying desperately to keep my emotions in check. In the past, I've gotten to the point where I'm been so into a guy that I've forgotten my name, and I just can't do that again. It hurts too badly when the bottom drops out. I just don't want to screw this up -- since I think I could see myself with this guy for a while.

What I did say was that I was looking forward to getting to know him better. I hope that wasn't too cold. I dunno. I just don't want to get hurt.

Saturday night was a blast. My girlfriends and I went to celebrate our friend AD's birthday with her family at Eischen's Chicken. This restaurant was standing room only, and we had to seat 16 people around an eight person table, but maaaaaan was it worth it. I think that's the most delicious fried chicken I have ever eaten. Then Sunday, AD's dad had made a giganitc vat of spaghetti and meatballs, so I was invited over for lunch. And it was yummy.

That's about all I've got for ya. Sixty and I have made plans for tonight, and I haven't talked to him since Friday, which is unbelievably healthy for me. I like my space. I don't know what we'll be doing, but whatever it is, I know we'll have fun.

10 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my dear friend SandraDee! This are events that you did not tell us about on Saturday when we asked for the details! Oh well, if you are happy, then we will be happy for you. Love you and thanks for hanging out with us this weekend!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I need an update to the update! Yay for you...

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter. Thunk thunk thunk thunk. (Brief Pause) SPLAT!*

What's that sound?

That's the sound of Sandra Dee's and 60's children running through the house and falling down the stairs.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Adam said...

woot for you!

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful of the "I don't want to get hurt" attitude. Sometimes you're so busy not getting hurt that you miss out on something really great. I say this from experience.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Mark Base said...

This is not how I remember the events of the evening.
Oops, wrong number, I mean blog.
Sorry...

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date this guy. He blogs without pants.
http://www.blogger.com/profile/20439103

 
At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree...this guy has said he likes you. If you like him, tell him! But not in a weird, clingy way. You don't want to miss out on something great here.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to hear about Monday's date ASAP!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home