Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The Friends

Okay. Yeah. So we had "the talk."

I know. I know. I know. It's too soon. One month and we're having this important conversation. But I'll get there in a sec. First the "meet the friends" story.

Sixty knocks on the door, I open it, and I just about melted. He looked absolutely adorable -- searsucker pants, green button down shirt, brown loafers, and everything pressed. I just had the biggest grin on my face and was so excited about this evening.

I drove since I knew my way to town better, and we had a great time just talking and laughing the whole way there. He couldn't keep his hands off me while I was under the wheel, and I was loving it. We get to the OSU campus, and there is a football scrimmage at the same time as the concert. So we had to park about a mile away - literally - and I was wearing heels. Ugh. Talk about blisters! I thought I was going to die. Not to mention that it was about 90 million degrees outside, and I was sweating like a mo' fo'.

We get to the arena, and the first person I see is Clint. We chatted for a bit, and then I headed up to the stands to see the girls, who had saved us some seats. But the seats were at the end of the row, so we had to pass quite a few people before we got there. However, that gave me a perfect opportunity to introduce him as I walked across. I get to my friend Annie first.

"Annie? This is Sixty. Sixty? Annie."

He gives her a fist pound.

Everyone died laughing. I thought I was going to split a gut. It was really funny. Anyway, so we get to our seats, and again -- arm over me, hand on my leg, holding my hand. It was almost like "Hey world. She's with me." And I loved it!! The best part was that he enjoyed himself with all of the talented shows that we saw.

After the show - where my sorority won best costumes! - we went down on the floor to meet the girls that were in the show. I got bombarded with hugs from the girls, and then I realized I was totally leaving Sixty behind. How humiliating. He looked like he had no idea what to do. I grabbed his hand and just started introducing him to people, and I hoped that helped him feel a little more at ease. He told me later how much he appreciated my recognizing that I was leaving him to his lonesome.

We ate dinner with Na'Cole - she loved him - and then hung out at the house for a little bit in the TV room - again, not being able to keep his hands to himself. I think this guy has a bad, and MAN - I am way into him, too. We drive back home, and he asked if he can come in for some water. Whatever. We all know what went down after that.

Okay. I've got to hit the sack, so here's the deal. If y'all leave me lots of comments? I'll find time during my day tomorrow to write about The Talk. Deal?

Deal.

Go.

18 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked him! He seems like someone you would like! So here is your comment from me!!

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, here is my comment. I am glad you didn't tell the emabarassing thing that happened when I introduced myself. Gah, I am such an idiot! Alright, I already told you I liked him so I want to hear about the "talk" right no missy!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I need to learn how to type! I meant now not no. So here is two comments from me! I really am interested!

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my first comment for you! Boogety Boogety Boogety! I think you should tell us about the talk!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me more about this Clint guy! He sounds waaaayyyy cute and really smart and funny from his blog.

 
At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clint is an interesting and charming fellow! Why was he alotted so litle space in your blog?

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE when they do the "she's with me" gestures of touching. It makes me feel good.

I'm so happy that things are working with this boy. I'm sure he's probably not hiding some sort of secret, like he has a wife and four kids in Toronto. Did that freak you out? Sorry. :)

I'm sending happy thoughts your way.

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Add this comment to the list. Spill it woman.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

This reminds of that joke they told me in the 6th grade:

Mean Kid: How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

Ninja: I dunno...how?

Mean Kid: I'll tell you tomorrow.

Ninja: Why don't you tell me now?

Mean Kid: HAHAHAHA

Ninja: What?

 
At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I'm super pumped I made it into your blog. I'm famous! And yes! I did LOVE him.... He's amazing Sandra. I'm so glad you found someone great, you totally deserve it.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spill it Sandra! I'm on the edge of my seat here!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Details! Details! Details!!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Oh, I just might leave muliple comments so we can hear about the Talk. Spill it!

Interesting that halfway through that post, he stopped being "Sixty..."

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger ercwttmn said...

i'm a new reader to your blog, but i'm enjoying it so far.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

I'm back again to demand details!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Okie said...

Get on with it already!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Holy poop. I haven't had time to post my The Talk story! And in fact, I am just now being able to read all of your comments. WOW! Thanks for leaving your marks.

I will be posting the great story tonight. Promise. Stay tuned.

Jayme: Yes, he is definitely my type. I'm excited to get to know him better.

Annie: Yes. That story was too funny. Hope you enjoyed the fist pound.

Lora: You should stop by more often!

Sexyandsingl: Clint is hilarious, and actually has a rather big ego. He, ladies, unfortunately, is taken.

The masses: Clint is not allowed more space on my blog until he keeps the ditry comments down and quits using my real name in his comments. When will they learn?

Natalie: I love those gestures, too!! And yes, that kindof freaked me out with the married comment! :) Come back soon.

Tiffany, Grins, Melissa, Amber and Okie: I have alotted time to blog-n-spill all the details tonight!

Ninja: I was totally the naive kid in school who fell for those kind of jokes every dang time!

Na'Cole: And he laughed at your jokes. He's a keeper in my book.

Cheryl: OOPS! Thanks for the heads up. More than anything, I'm only protecting the innocent in case he finds this darn blog. Which he hasn't. At least not yet anyway. Ugh!

Rendapart: Come back soon!

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clint will indeed continue to take up space on this blog. Here is another one of my favorite dirty words: cockles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home