Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Meeting the Friends

Sixty just called and he's running late, so I thought I would jot down a quick post.

  • Drama at work. I don't want to go into details, but I seriously need to think about getting a new job. Some seriously horrible crap went down this week, and I think that it was just one more sign that I need to kick my job hunt into full gear.
  • Meaningful conversation with Sixty. He and I had a difficult conversation last night about how it is becoming increasingly hard to stop ourselves everytime we make out. I had to tell him I was - brace yourselves - a virgin, and that I'm saving myself for marriage. I was worried that would scare him off. It didn't - biiiiig sigh - and he added that he doesn't want to ruin what we've got just because we're in the heat of the momment. He's so polite and respectful.
  • Thursday night with the girls. We went to a big schmooze fest called the Governor's Cup, and rubbed elbows with the First Lady herself. It was super - $75 tickets - but we got in for free. Dinner was divine: steak, shrimp, potatoes, aaaaaand an open bar. Doesn't get any better than that, my friends.
  • Speaking of friends. Sixty is meeting my friends tonight at Spring Sing. I couldn't be more pumped. Hopefully they like him. I'm sure they will. He could talk to a brick wall.

Perfect timing. There he is at the door right now. Have a super weekend, everyone. Updates about the friend fest on Monday.

5 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the update on what the friends think!

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so he seems really really nice! That is always a plus. Na'Cole said that she went to dinner with you guys and he was way cool. You should bring him up to go out with us sometime soon. Did he get to meet the mom and what did she think, is the real question? Oh, yes and sorry for being a complete dork when I met him! Gah, what an idiot!

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so here is the first friend's impression of the dude. He was very nice. He's obviously older and more mature than say... most everybody... even my grandparents. Dude was also way timid but I can hardly blame him since I have a tendency to come on rather strong and the flying leap from 10 feet away into Sandra Dee's arms hugging her probably shocked the hell out of him. Overall I'd say he's the type of guy that is perfect for Sandra Dee; quiet, nerdy, well put together (dude dressed like he was going to chuch) and makes a lot of money.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Can't wait to here more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home