Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Two big huge gigantic brownie points

Oh my. I hope this Sixty thing is going to work out, kiddies.

Because he just scored two big, huge, gigantic brownie points with me.

I got home about 5:15, pulled the two dishes out of the fridge, preheated the oven, and jumped in the shower. Just as I was toweling off, the phone rang. It was Sixty.

"Hey. I'm going to be late. I thought I could make 6, but it's going to be 6:30. Is that okay?"

"Take your time, Sixty. This thing cooks like an hour and a half and I haven't even put it in the oven yet. You're good. I'll just see you when I see you."

Umm, kids? Are you listening to me? Most guys just show up at my door and are like "oh - hey - I got attacked by wild bears and that's why I'm five hours late for our date," and then I'm pissed. I hate that. But this dude called. To tell me he was going to be late. So he got a brownie point for that.

So I finish getting the table set and the salads made. He got there about 15 minutes before the timer went off, and the second he walked in the door he said "Ooooo. What is that?! It smells delicious!" We chitchatted in the kitchen while I got water, and then I pulled out the curry chicken and rice casserole. He didn't say much until he ate it and then said "Is this curry? Curry is one of my favorite things ever." Me too. How funny.

He ate every bite - including his salad, part of my chicken, had more rice, and then said "That was a 10!" Then he mentioned that his dad had asked him this weekend if I could cook, and he told him he didn't know. I asked what he was going to answer with if his dad asked that again, and he said "ohhhh yeaaaaaah!!!" I laughed.

Just as I was getting up to put together some food for him to take home, he gets up and - are y'all ready for this? - starts doing the dishes for me.

Did you guys hear me? He. Did. The. Dishes. I just sat there and beamed. Another brownie point. This dude continues to impress me. And the thing that I loved? He did it because he genuinely wanted to - not expecting anything in return. "You cooked it. I'll clean up," he said.

Afterwards, we pretended to watch TV, but we talked more than watched. At one point he asked, "Are we dating?" And I said, "Sure! Why do you ask?"

"I was telling my friends about you, and they asked me if you and I were dating. I didn't really know what to tell them. I mean, we've been on dates, but I just wasn't sure."

"Sure we're dating," I laughed. "Maybe not necessarily exclusively, but yeah. We're dating." He just grinned and said "Do we need to talk about that?" I laughed and said not yet, but maybe in the near future.

I think this dude likes me. I hope he stays around for a while.

13 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Um, you THINK he likes you? I am here to confirm it!

I think doing dishes is worth about three brownie points, but I hate doing dishes. Mmmmm....brownies....oh sorry.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously Kathryn, you are dating an older, probably less attractive version of me... grab him, he's a keeper.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger jo said...

he did the dishes? i'm really impressed. i like this fella. he sounds like a good guy.

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger HomeImprovementNinja said...

smoooooooooooove!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of this.... Sandra, he sounds A-mazing! I can't wait to meet him. You seem so happy, and that is so wonderful to see as your friend.

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. That was Na'Cole above, I'm a douche!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sixty hasn't made one wrong turn. How cool for you, Sandy, to find this man.

And you like him!

The mystery remains as to why so many other guys can't master the art of civilized wooing. How difficult is it really?

Wombat

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, Na'Cole is dumb!

Second, I am so happy for you and I can't wait to meet Sixty!

See you this weekend!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Okie said...

You're way to generous with your brownie points. The dish washing definitely deserved one. Calling to tell you he's running late did not. That's just showing common courtesy and should be expected, not rewarded. So, I'm calling for a one point deduction.

Does he have a sister? 'Cause I got some dishes I need washed.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Amber said...

He sounds so awesome. He's exactly wht I'm looking for. See if he has any clones in Colorado, ok? Thanks.

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sanda, thing is that is what you deserve. Isn't it funny how much we settle in relationships and how surprised we become when someone actually behaves well. Major kudos to him for behaving well...and points to you for not rushing it there at the end when he asked if you should talk about it.

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Dustin said...

*Sigh*

now I'm hungry....

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are tired of this post! We want an update! Guess we will get a live update tomorrow when we get to meet Sixty!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home