Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Short Stories

The Situation went a little sumpin' like this:

"Sandra Dee! You just need to call him!" my friend said after she called me.

"What did he say to you?" I said.

"He wanted to know all about you," she said. "He said: 'I haven't talked to her in years. What's she doing nowadays?' So I told him about your job and where you were living. Stuff like that. Sandra Dee -- he even had the t-shirt from a date party that you all went to!"

Oh. Well then. It must be fate. Of course.

I don't know, y'all. My friend gave me his phone number. I've been thinking about calling him, but just to catch up. Nothing more.

To be continued.


***

The jinx is cured.

I am meeting the meteorologist sometime next week. No set date yet. He suggested a bike ride and then dinner.

I'm afraid to tell him that the last time I rode my bike, I was about 16.

The lawyer finally written me back and sent his picture. He's cute. I don't care that he's 5'10". He's good looking, and he's a lawyer. And is quite polite in his e-mails, with his calling me "madam" an all.

The Air Force Academy guy? Disappeared. Fine with me.

I say two outta three ain't bad.


***

Last night was spent hanging out with some new friends. We went to a comedy club, and maaaaan, that was some funny stuff.

However, these friends were friends from church. And the comedians were totally raunchy.

Thaaaat was awkward.

We laughed about that afterwards. It's nice to know they're not so high and mighty as to not enjoy a beer and some off-color humor every now and then, eh?

***


Whenever someone asks me what my favorite season is, I always tell them it's football season.

I know I've got a Longhorn fan and a Sooner fan out there, but I'm here to tell you that I'm pulling for Texas.

Me being a Cowpoke and all. And my boys better bring it against K-State, too. Gah.

If only I had a nice brewskie to enjoy with the football this weekend.

Perhaps a trip to the gas station is in order?

5 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I'm pulling for you on the long-lost fate thing big time, and I'll be expecting an update soon.

I'm kind-of-sort-of-but-not-really seeing an Air Force man, myself.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Ally said...

I know what you mean about the church friends--I've only been a Christian for a few years, and I forget that Dave Chappelle and stuff like that makes some people uncomfortable.

Your upcoming dates sound exciting. Good luck!

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Madam"? Really? Interesting.....

 
At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well you pulled for the right team now didn't you?

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger ercwttmn said...

sorry to hear about your loss to k-state, but then again, they are a superior school.

-just have to joke a bit, being a k-state fan and all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home