Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Monday, May 01, 2006

It's official. I am totally smitten with this fellow.

My weekend couldn't have been any better.

An update on my love life in a sec. But first: Thanks for the mega comments recently, readers! I love reading each and every one of them.

And secondly: I've been hitting the gym a lot more frequently these days. I reached down to rub my arm after my workout session yesterday, and I seriously thought "MAN! That isn't my arm!" I love that feeling. At least I can tell I'm getting somewhere with my efforts, right?

On with the update.

So the sorority needed a chaperone or two for their date party. Sixty and I obliged. I had my perfect outfit picked out: long scarlet tank, matching scarlet shrug, black pants and stillettos. I looked hawwwwwt. And Sixty sure seemed to think so, too, because he did one of those look-me-up-and-down things when I went to the door. Yeowch.

We left town a little on the early side, but that was fine because we wanted to take our time getting there. We ate dinner with my friends, and I know Sixty was nervous because he hardly said anything at first. Poor kid. I suggested a couple of beers with our pizza. I think that loosened him up.

Sororities always have to take a bus to their parties, so I rode on the bus while Sixty followed in his truck -- since we wanted to be able to leave when we wanted to from the party. When we got there, the music inside was blaring, and people were bellying up to the bar. Since we were chaperoning, we obviously couldn't drink, but we didn't care. We were going to have fun anyway.

After making the rounds and meeting people, we decided to explore the place. There was this great upstairs - probably used for eating with larger parties - and he and I decided to snoop around up there. All of a sudden, Sixty pulls me around the corner, pushes me into the wall, and proceeds to make out with me. Holy cow. Was I ever surprised. And I'm talking hard-core make-out here, people. I couldn't believe he was doing this! I never dreamed he'd be like that! After a good 15 minutes, the other bus load of people showed up, and we had to make sure the underagers weren't smuggling flasks in with them. We had to call it quits.

On our way down the stairs, my girlfriends looked up at us and burst out laughing. Sixty and I just looked at each other puzzled, and then I figured out what was going on. They were totally on to us. I'm sure my hair looked like a mess, my shrug was falling off, and he and I were holding hands. My friends know me too well. What can I say? I like to make out. If they only knew that he was the predator in this incident.

I freshened up, and we hit the dance floor. Duuuude. That kid can move. At one point, he said:"You are so hot," and I got all tingly, kids. I played it off like he meant I was really sweaty, so I apologized, but I knew what he meant. I was thinking the same thing about him. The dancing seemed to help him loosen up a bit. We took a walk around the lake, talked and danced some more, and by that time, it was past midnight and about time to leave.

Besides. Were were going to church in the morning together.

I said my goodbyes to everyone, we were out the door by 12:30 a.m. and back home by 1:30 a.m. Needless to say, Sunday morning came reallllly early, but I rolled out of bed, excited about praising me some Jesus. And I was going to see Sixty in a totally new light than any of our previous dates, and I couldn't wait.

The sermon was wonderful, and just what I needed to hear. We sang some of my favorite hymns, and I thouroughly enjoyed listening to Sixty sing. He has such a handsome speaking voice as it is, but he can also carry himself a very nice tune. He couldn't sit still during the sermon, but I patted his leg, and he seemed to calm down a bit.

After the service was finished, we got up and walked out, talking about the church and the sermon. The way he expresses himself about the Lord gets me all excited. His love for Jesus is one of the most attractive qualities he possesses, and I've told him that. He's just such a super guy.

Out in the car, he suggested that we grab some lunch and eat in the park. We found the perfect spot - complete with ducks - with no one else there. It was peaceful and perfect. After a couple hours of laying in the sun, we moved under a shady tree.

He said, "Do you know what we're sitting under?" he said. "A tree?" I said. "No," he replyed. "Mistletoe."

I thought he had to be kidding. What a lame attempt to make out with me. But I looked up, and sure enough. A huge sprout of mistletoe. "What in the world?" I said, after he kissed me. He informed me that mistletoe was actually a parasite, and it had infested the tree we were under. Who knew mistletoe was a parasite? And the irony that we would be sitting under it. Too funny.

We collected our things, and he headed to my place to drop me off. He ended up coming in, and we took a nap together. It was delightful. And come to find out? He likes to spoon. Yay! Me too.

Did I mention my weekend couldn't have been any better?

11 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be the first to tell you how incredibly happy I am for you! You deserve all the best! I love you and I am glad that you had a fabulous weekend!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like my weekend... well, almost, except replace an awesome date party with a couple of girls acting like jackasses, and the geese with doves that kept dive bombing Molly and I as we relaxed by the Coi pond at my parent's house and you've got a parallel weekend.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was good seeing you this past weekend! I am so happy for you!

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Aw. You are such the smitten kitten!

Congrats.

 
At 5:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew that about mistletoe but I still come up short in comparison to that weekend. Fabulous! Love reading about you falling deeper and deeper for Sixty as he does the same.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Okie said...

Futility in dating sure makes for better reading, but I guess I'll still try to be happy for you and Mr. Perfect.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sandy, you are so totally refreshing to read. Okie has it right to a point: dating disasters are fun to read, but THIS is way better for inspiration.

If only Sixty had his own blog and we could truly be inside the beast of lerv.

Wombat

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Sandra Dee said...

Annie: I'm happy myself. I just don't want to move to quickly. I caught myself telling him "I'm crazy about you" the other day, and I just about died a million deaths. Stupid me.

Clint: Your weekend sounds nothing like mine, you dweeb.

Jayme: It was vondaful seeing you, too, darling.

Cheryl: A smitten kitten. That's funny. Yes. I suppose I am, eh?

EF: Oh my. Perfect does not even describe this. In fact, he would be an excellent candidate for The Bachelor. Too bad he's with me. :)

Grins: I hope he's as smitten with me as I am with him. Who knows? Day by day, right? :)

Okie: I agree. I love writing about my awful dates. I feel like I'm gushing a bit too much when I go on and on about this new relationship. Hope I'm not scaring off readers! :)

Wombat: I'm glad you enjoy the subject matter! And yes - if only I could get to the core of Sixty's feelings through a blog. Wouldn't that be interesting for everyone to read? :) P.S. I love when you come by to say hello! Please do so more often, blogger friend.

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger jo said...

indeed it sounds like a wonderful weekend. and i'm really so happy for you to have found a guy like sixty. he realises does sound amazing.

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll make a point of it, Sandy.

Wombat

 
At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He sounds so fabulous!! I can't wait to meet him! Have a great rest of the week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home