Sandra Dee Dates

Tales from a sweet and innocent girl next door. Well, okay. Maybe not that innocent.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Meet the Parents

Yup. I'm going through with it.

I'm meeting Sixty's family.

I'm admittedly a tad nervous, but also pretty excited. He is super close with his family and naturally talks about them frequently, so I'm anxious to see what they're like in person.

He's actually only able to introduce me to his mother and younger brother (he's the middle child) - and not his dad. His father is a truck driver and out on the road all the time, so naturally he won't be able to make it.

He brought it up during dinner. We ate out last night, and during drinks, he mentioned his going home this weekend. (His family lives about an hour and a half away.) As he was telling me this, I was trying to act like I didn't care. But really? I did. A lot.

You see, Sixty is having major surgery on the 19th. I have asked off from work so I could be there for it. I mean, he'd need a caregiver for a bit, right? Only problem: His mother and brother were planning on coming for it, too.

I really didn't want our first meeting to be when Sixty wasn't exactly coherent.

But if I didn't come - just to avoid this awkward meeting - you don't think his mother wouldn't be saying "Well, she's not much of a girlfriend if she doesn't come to your surgery, now is she, Sixty?"

So this meet-the-parents deal solves that problem.

The next problem? What in the world do I wear?!

9 Comments:

At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good plan. But yes what to wear...does he have any photos of the family? You could do a bit of a mission and see how they dress so you fit right in. Of course you could just ask him as well but I tend to do things the complicated way at times.

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger jo said...

sounds like the right time to meet the parents. and i'm sure they'll love you. i suppose just go with something simple and appropriate. as long as you feel comfy with what you're wearing 'coz you don't need to be itching in your dress when you're already nervous bout meeting the parents.

 
At 6:26 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I think you should wear something low cut. HA! No I don't. You'll be fine -- and I bet you could ask him what would be appropriate to wear -- from what you've said, he seems like the kind of guy who would be helpful and not look at you strangely.

Good luck! I'm sure it will go swimmingly!!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Good luck! I'm sure whatever you wear, you will look fabulous!

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What to wear to major surgery?

Skimpy nurse's outfit. Made out of latex. Grrrrr mamasita.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger The Dummy said...

Good luck! Just remember not to flush their toilet if they have a backed up septic system. ;)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger kris said...

You just be you. And they'll love you.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Sandra, how did meeting the parents go?!?!

 
At 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sandra! We need an update! (And what kind of major surgery is Sixty having?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home